Autosave in Ascent360 Email Designer
As of 12/16/2021, email designs are now autosaved in the email designer. As long as an email has a Title (Design Name) and a Subject Line the design will be autosaved every 15 seconds and upon exiting. You can still manually save at any time. Autosave is automatically enabled when you open an existing design. Autosave cannot be turned off.
So that the auto save feature could be added, the flow of starting and saving a new design is slightly different. The new flow will require that you add a Title (Design Name) and Subject Line in order to start a new design. The new flow is outlined below.
1. Start new design. This has not changed.
2. Choose to use a template or start from scratch. No change to this step.
3. NEW – You will now be prompted to add a Title and Subject before the design is opened. Now your design will have a Title and Subject line from the start so it can be autosaved. If you cancel, you will be returned to the Template Library without creating a new email design.
4. Select a Folder to save your design in. If you cancel out of this step you will return to the screen to add a Title and Subject as shown above.
5. Your new email Design will then be opened. You’ll be able to proceed with designing and editing your email. Autosave is automatically on and will save your changes every 15 seconds.
6. Prior to Sending a Test or Live email you will be promoted to complete the rest of the email Properties that were previously added upon first save.