We process Right to be Forgotten (RTBF) requests, also called Right to Deletion or Erasure, on behalf of our clients.
If you have a right to be forgotten request, please read these guidelines:
- Submit your request to us as soon as possible. We strive to help our clients achieve the required timeframe for processing their consumers' RTBF requests, but we need as much lead time as possible. Please contact our help desk to submit the request by emailing email@example.com or via the "My Tickets" page of the Ascent360 platform.
- Provide an appropriate amount of information on the person requesting to be forgotten.
- For example, if Jane Smith wants to be forgotten, we'll need her email address and ideally a phone number or address. This helps ensure we are forgetting the intended individual from your database.
- Specify if the individual is to be deleted or forgotten. These are two very different requests:
- Delete the individual - This request is meant to delete the PII of an individual in your marketing platform. There is a chance that this information could be re-sent to us, in which case another LTGID (AscentID) would be created with the PII.
- Forget the individual - This request is to forget an individual in your database FOREVER. If the person transacts again, re-subscribes to email, or submits a webform, they will still not be pulled back into your marketing platform.
Once the request is made, Ascent360 Support will review it to ensure an adequate amount of information has been provided. You will be notified once the request has been fully processed.