If you utilize Google Analytics UTM tracking, Ascent360 can automatically append a tracking string to each of the links in your emails. Setting this up in Email Settings allows you to set default Tracking Parameters for all your emails. With a default value, you can still customize each parameter for a specific email sent from Ascent360.
- Campaign Source – The platform (or vendor) where the traffic originates, like Facebook or your email newsletter.
- Campaign Medium – You can use this to identify the medium like Cost Per Click (CPC), social media, affiliate or QR code.
- Campaign Term – You’ll use this mainly for tracking your keywords during a paid AdWords campaign. You can also use it in your display ad campaigns to identify aspects of your audience.
- Campaign Content – If you’re A/B testing ads, then this is a useful metric that passes details about your ad. You can also use it to differentiate links that point to the same URL.
- Campaign Name – This is just to identify your campaign. Like your website or a specific product promotion. Here’s an example screenshot with the campaign names you might see when you navigate to Traffic Sources >> Sources >> Campaigns.
To add Tracking Parameters, hover over the blue Person Icon in the top right and select Settings. On the resulting page, select Email Settings.
If you don't see Email Settings available to you, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org for the appropriate account permissions or to have our Support Team configure parameters on your behalf.
Click on the blue “Add” button on the right side of the row labeled Tracking Parameters.
Select a parameter from the drop-down. Click Add next to the parameter.
For each parameter, identify a Default Value and toggle Action to on (blue).
Select Append Tracking Parameter at the top to append your parameters by default to every link in each email.
After saving, you will be brought back to the settings page and you will see the parameters you have added: