Please follow the below guide to transfer contact lists into the Ascent360 Platform. For security purposes, please do not email files with sensitive information to any Ascent360 team member.
Export contacts from your previous Email Sending Platform (ESP)
- Identify the contact list(s) you want to have transferred to Ascent360.
- Most clients transfer no more than five lists: a large general newsletter list and a handful of separate lists, if applicable.
- We recommend using this opportunity to de-clutter your contact lists by transferring only lists that have been sent to within the past year.
- Export contacts to .csv or .xlsx files.
- At minimum, each file should include First Name, Email Address, and Email Permission. Last Name and Individual Creation Date is highly recommended as well.
- Email permission is sometimes phrased as subscription status = Yes/No
- Export your unsubscribed list.
- All users who are suppressed and/or are opted-out from receiving messaging (Email permission = No)
Export instructions from commonly used email platforms:
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/help/view-export-contacts/
- Acoustic: https://help.goacoustic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043345573-Exports
- Constant Contact: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/33114-Export-Contacts-Out-of-Constant-Contact-and-into-a-Spreadsheet?lang=en_US
- Klaviyo: export all people in your database or export a segment
Upload contact list(s) to Ascent360:
- Log into Ascent360 and select File Management under your profile drop-down. File Management allows you to securely upload files. Never email any file that has customer contact data.
- Click Upload on the left side of the screen and select your file from your device.
- Please confirm receipt with your Ascent360 technical contact.