Please follow the below guide to transfer contact lists into the Ascent360 Platform. For security purposes, please do not email files with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to any Ascent360 team member.
Export contacts from your previous Email Sending Platform (ESP)
- Identify the contact list(s) you want to have transferred to Ascent360.
- Most clients transfer no more than five lists: a large general newsletter list and a handful of separate lists, if applicable.
- We recommend using this opportunity to de-clutter your contact lists by transferring only lists that have been sent to within the past year.
- Export contacts to .csv or .xlsx files.
- At minimum, each file should include First Name, Email Address, and Email Permission. Last Name and Individual Creation Date is highly recommended as well. Other customer information, such as phone or postal information, can be imported at request.
- Email permission is sometimes phrased as subscription status = Yes/No
- Export your unsubscribed list.
- All users who are suppressed and/or are opted-out from receiving messaging (Email permission = No)
Export instructions from commonly used email platforms:
- Mailchimp: https://mailchimp.com/help/view-export-contacts/
- Acoustic: https://help.goacoustic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043345573-Exports
- Constant Contact: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/33114-Export-Contacts-Out-of-Constant-Contact-and-into-a-Spreadsheet?lang=en_US
- Klaviyo: export all people in your database or export a segment
Upload contact list(s) to Ascent360:
Log in to Ascent360: https://clients.ascent360.com
Hover over the blue icon in the top right and select Files. On the resulting page, select Upload to browse and upload files.
Dropping files in File Management does not automatically load the information contained within to your Ascent360 Database. After dropping a file to be loaded, please notify Ascent360 (below).
For more on Ascent360's File Management system, please see Dropping and Retrieving Files with File Management.
Notify Ascent360 and Request a Data Load
After loading your file(s) to File Management, please complete the Ascent360 Data Load Request form.