Ascent360 has created a Windows Service (called Raptor Service) that can collect data from any database system located on a windows network. Prior to downloading the Raptor Service, please review the technical specifications detailed in Ascent360 Raptor Service - Technical Specifications, Communications Protocol, and Auto-Update
1. Navigate to https://webupload.ascent360.com
2. Type in username: Provided by the Ascent360 Support team
3. Type in the password: Provided by the Ascent360 Support team
4. Choose the file Release.zip
5. Click the download button
6. Find the file that you downloaded and extract the zip file. See image below on how to do this:
7. Extract all the files to the location of your choice.
Note: Check to see if you have .NET 4.8 installed on the machine in question. You can do this by going to this directory: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework. If a directory like v4.8xxx, exists, .NET 4.8 is already installed on your machine. If not, please install by clicking on the dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe inside the DotNetFX40 folder.
8. To install Raptor Service, double click on the Setup.exe file as shown in the image below:
Note: Once Setup.exe has launched, you should see the below screen.
9. Fill in the next windows as follows:
Note: StoreId is provided to you by Ascent360
10. Confirm install location & continue with installation process
Note: This can be left at that default values for most installs. However, if multiple service installations will be done on the same server you will need to change the location for each installation. A suggested change here would be to add - StoreID (using the store Id for the installation as given to you by Ascent360) to the end of the directory name “Ascent360 Raptor Service”.
Note: Raptor Service is now installed. Now we need to make sure that the service is running and set to Auto Start.
11.Open the Services window. This is typically done by typing "services.msc" at the RUN command.
12. Right click the 'Ascent Raptor Service - [Provided StoreId] and click RUN
13. Right click and click Properties.
14.Change Startup Type to AUTOMATIC (Delayed Start)