All emails designed in our email designer automatically have an opt-out (unsubscribe) link appended below the footer. This is a one-click opt-out link. However, if you would like to direct customers to an opt-out form rather than use the one-click opt-out link, please follow the steps below:
Building an Unsubscribe Form
- Please refer to Ascent360 Landing Page Builder Overview for any questions related to creating a form.
- Select “Email Unsubscribe Form” as the template for this landing page.
- Once the form is built and published, follow the steps below to add the form to an email design.
Adding an Unsubscribe Form Link to an Email Design
- On the email building canvas, select "Rows" on the right side.
- In the drop-down menu where it says "Empty", expand the drop-down options and select "Unsubscribe".
- The available unsubscribe form(s) created in the platform will show in the preview screen on the right.
- Click on the preview text (from the right-hand panel) and drag it to the bottom of the email. This is where the opt-out should be located.
Important: Styles in this row can be changed but do not make any edits to the "click here" URL hyperlink.
- When the email is sent, the click here to unsubscribe will direct the end user to the form and pre-fill the form with the recipient's email address. This will only happen on a live send and will not show in the test version of the email.
Note: You will have to make this adjustment on every email unless you save your design as a template. (We recommend saving it as a template).
- To successfully replace the default Unsubscribe opt-out link, the inserted form must be a Form Type: Unsubscribe. This is indicated on the form tile in the Landing Pages library.
- The Unsubscribe row must exist as its own row in the email. Do not copy and paste the Unsubscribe text into another row with other content blocks.