Using Database Fields to Personalize Emails
- Setting Default Values for Fields in Acoustic
Log into Acoustic > Navigate to data > Databases > Select the database by clicking the name > Navigate to the field you want to edit > Click edit to the left of the field name
- You will then see the field settings page
- The field labeled Default Value is where you can set the value you would like to display if someone have a blank value for that field.
- Examples: “Customer” “Valued Guest” “Subscriber” etc.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT ANY OTHER SETTINGS ON THIS PAGE
- Inserting Personalization in email
Emails > Email Campaigns > Select the email
- Before you can insert the field, the contact list or query must be applied to the email under the Email Details > Contacts > Contact Source
- On the email building canvas, click or highlight the location for the personalization to be inserted > Click the Insert personalization icon > Select the field from the list
- The value on the email builder canvas should now display something like:
- It is important to keep all percentage signs, capitalization and spacing exactly how it was inserted in the email otherwise the personalization can break.
- Testing Personalization in email
Emails > Email Campaigns > Select the email > On the preview screen on the right side select the “Test with a Contact” icon
- Enter an email you would like to test with and click “Test”
- The email should refresh and display the filed value or the default value you set in step one.