Adding a test list into the Email Designer allows you to quickly send test emails to a specified group of contacts such as Executive Management for review/approvals. It also makes sending to larger test lists more efficient by eliminating the need to manually enter the emails one by one.
To add a test list, simply click “Add List” next to the dropdown in the Test List section.
- After clicking “Add List” you can create the name of your test list.
- Type the name of your test list and hit save. Note: You can make more than one test list, if needed.
- After saving, you will see the name of your list both in the dropdown and in a new “View” option.
- Click “View” to view the list and add contacts
- After clicking “View” you can view the list and add contacts.
- You can upload a list of contacts by clicking the choose file option.
- Contacts can also be manually added one-by-one. Simply click “Add” in the bottom right-hand corner.
- If you click “Add” to enter them in one by one you will get another prompt to enter in the email address.
- Hit the blue “Save” button to save the email into the test list.
- You will now see the email added to the test list and the Active Status = True.
- Repeat this process to add any additional contacts to the test list.
- To change the status of a contact from the test list, click “Edit” and toggle the Active status from True to False.
- When false, the button is gray and to the left.
- When True, the button is blue and to the right. Only contacts with their Active status equaling True will be sent the test email.
- Hit “Save” to save the changes to the Active status.
To learn how to send an email to your newly created test list, please see our How to Send/Schedule and Email article.