Adding a seed list into the Email Designer allows you to keep key internal stakeholders informed of outgoing emails. The seed list is effectively copied on any outbound email sent from the Email Platform.
To add a seed list, you must first be in the "Email Settings" section. Navigate to the Seed List section > click the “Add List” text next to the dropdown.
- After clicking “Add List” you will get the prompt below to create the name of your seed list.
- Type the name of your seed list and hit save. You can make more than one seed list so repeat this process to create any other seed lists you’d like.
- After saving, you will see the name of your list in the dropdown as well as a new “View” option.
- Click “View” to view the list and add contacts.
- After clicking “View” you can view the list and add contacts.
- Upload a list by clicking the “choose file” option and select the file. You can also click “Add” in the bottom right-hand corner to add contacts manually.
- If you click “Add” to enter them in one by one you will get another prompt to enter in the email address.
- Hit the blue “Save” button to save the email into the test list.
- After saving the email, you will see the email added to the seed list and the Active Status = True.
- Repeat this process to add any additional contacts to the seed list.
- To change the status of a contact from the seed list, click “Edit” and toggle the Active status from True to False. When false, the button is gray and to the left, when True, the button is blue and to the right. Only contacts with their Active status equaling True will be seeded on the outgoing email.
- Hit “Save” to save the changes to the Active status.
To learn how to send an email to your newly created seed list, please see our How to Send/Schedule and Email article