Dynamic Content, also referred to as "Display Conditions", gives you the ability to build a single email and show or not show specific content sections based on certain criteria. For example, you can display a different picture to males versus females. The criteria, therefore, is based on "gender" data on file. Another example is displaying a specific paragraph to customers that have a New York state address.
How to Add Display Conditions
Follow these steps to utilize Display Conditions in a new or existing email design.
- From an email design select an existing row or add a new row. Display conditions are applied to entire rows, not individual content blocks.
- Make sure the row menu is selected on the righthand side.
- In the rows menu, select Manage Display Conditions.
- In the pop-up window, name your Display Condition and Add a Description
- To add parameters to your condition, click Add new
- Once you select Add new, you will see two boxes appear, use the left box to select the field you’d like to build your condition off of.
- You can scroll to find your field, or type it in to search the list.
- Select your field to use in the condition.
- Then select the operator you’d like to use. Operators vary by type of field, so for example, text fields will present one set of operators, dates will present a different set, and numbers will present their own set. This is similar to Audience Selector.
- Next you’ll select the value that you’d like to use for the condition.
- Now you have the option to add another condition or Save your condition as is. You can add up to 3 conditions.
- If you add another condition, you have the option to remove it by selecting the Red icon to the right.
- Once you save your condition, you’ll be returned to the email design.
- Now you will see the condition that is applied to the row on the righthand Rows menu.
- If you click Manage Display Conditions, you can edit this existing Condition.
- If you’d like to remove the condition, you can simply click the X and it will remove the condition from that row.
Previewing Display Conditions
In Email Designer, you can preview what the email will look like with specific conditions met.
- Enter Preview Mode for the email by selecting Preview from the Actions Menu in the upper portion of the designer.
- Once you are in preview mode, you can select “select row display conditions”
- From there you can toggle the conditions on and off to see how the email will render for customers that do or do not meet the selected conditions.