You can use the Ascent360 Campaign Wizard to create and schedule or send a email campaign. The wizard walks you through four steps before an email can be scheduled or deployed.
- Name Your Campaign
- Choose Your Audience
- Select an Email Design
- View the Send Summary
To navigate to the Campaign Wizard, click Create > Campaign Wizard, use the Campaign Wizard button on the home page, or go to the Manage Campaigns home page card > New Campaign.
When you enter the Campaign Wizard, you will see a progress bar on the top of the screen showing the steps within the wizard.
Each page will ask you to chose one element of your campaign. Once you are done with the required actions, the Next button will be selectable.
A Previous button and a Save and Exit button will appear as you move through the wizard. The Previous button takes you to the previous step. The Save and Exit button saves your progress and returns you to the Your Campaigns screen. Here you can look for the name of the campaign you just saved and click the “Continue Wizard” button anytime you want to restart this campaign in the wizard exactly where you left off.
Name Your Campaign
On the first screen of the Campaign Wizard you give your campaign a name and choose it’s Campaign Category.
You should name your campaign in a way that works best for you to remember it’s call-to-action and purpose.
Campaign Categories work as a way to show the strategy of how your campaign is meant to drive revenue. Categories include:
- Lapsed Customer: Re-engage your lapsed customers to win them back
- Post Visit: Generate reviews, brand loyalty and future visits
- Pre-Arrival: Lower cancellations, build brand loyalty and upsell customers prior to their arrival
- Post-Purchase: Build an automated stream to incentivize the next purchase
- Prospect Conversion: Build automated streams to encourage first time or repeat purchases
- Re-engagement: Re-engage customers and drive new purchases
- Renewal: Drive past purchasers to renew products and services
For a full list of campaigns, please speak with your Client Success Manager or contact the Help Desk.
Choose Your Audience
The next step is to select which audience is going to receive your email.
- Use the search bar to find your audience by its name
- Toggle between the Audiences or Complex Audiences tab. The Audiences tab shows all audiences created in the Audience Selector. The Complex Audiences tab shows all audiences created in the Complex Audience Builder.
- Choose your audience from the picklist. The Contacts column shows how many contactable contacts are in each audience.
Select an Email Design
The third step is choosing an email design. This screen shows email designs in the Draft status, meaning the designs have never been chosen for a previous campaign, email send, or form trigger notification.
Each email’s menu has two options:
- Select – this selects the email you want to use.
- Preview – this shows a window with a large view of the email.
View the Send Summary
The final step is the Send Summary page.
At the top of the page, you will see the name of the email you chose, along with the name of the selected campaign and its category. The drop-down menu allows you to change which campaign you want to chose in case you have changed your mind.
The middle of the screen has five rows:
- Send To – View your audience or select a new one. Choose seed or suppression lists.
- From – Enter the From Name, From Email, and Reply To Email.
- Properties – Add your email subject line, pre-header, and tracking parameters.
- Schedule – Set the email to send now or schedule to send later.
- Preview – Send a test email to any email address you want.
When the five steps are complete, the Send button in the upper right of the screen becomes clickable.
After the email is sent you can view it’s results on the My Campaigns page or in the Email Sends Report.